Friday, October 2, 2009

HomeWork 8: Video responces

Jenise
Hi Jenise, you really tried to think about how your digital representation devices take away the "essence" like Carrie said in her comment to you. i liked how you tried and show the not normal types of digital representation, like your electronic key board and and singing/rapping through a mic. i feel like you are trying to show us how you live your life and what people usually have in their room, since most of it was digital items on the screen and there wasn't really many books, just a lot of empty space at the wall.

I think that when you say "You really lose the essence of playing." i don't think its true, since grand pianos and electric keyboards make different sounds and each of them will not make the same sound as the other. this allow each instrument to match its music with different things and make a whole new verity of music in this world.

You can't loose the essence if you never knew he essence was really there, people just got to open their minds to the possibilities, since in class all we can think now is that these digital things are ruining our lives and but with these things it can help us express each of our passions, like how no one knew you had such a passion for music.

In other words this was a really insightful post and i would love to hear more about it in class.

Carrie
Hi Carrie, pretty good video, it really shows how humans are over a period of time while doing digitization. i like how you skip from one to another, but i never know when you are really doing, since the sound is unreliable.

you video show how digitization has adapted into our human nature and how we as humans cant really live with out it. we do our daily activities while doing these digital representations.

i think you should have showed the screen a little, even though it kind of shows the digital perspective. we as humans cant escape from these digital stuff, even though people made the wii so they wont be sitting there all the time but we are still looking through the screen.

the stuff that we do today, takes away our sense of time, like how you forget your still recording since you are really into your show.

this is really really insightful post and video and we can learn a lot from watching ourselves stray away from this world. i cant wait till your next post.

1 comment:

  1. Vincent,

    Thanks for finding it to be an insightful post because I thought it was crap. lol. I liked your quote: "we can learn a lot from watching ourselves stray away from this world," because I know I did. I mean I knew I would be disconnected from reality but I never thought I would look that zoned out. It was really awakening.

    I agree with you. I thought it would've been better if I showed the screen because watching me sit there for 4 minutes straight looking as if I'm not doing anything gets a bit confusing and boring.

    I liked how you mentioned the fact that DRDs makes us lose sense of our time. I always find myself doing something unproductive on the internet like looking at pictures and I look up at the clock and an hour just passed. It's ridiculous. These devices keep us so occupied that we really forget about all the other things that we have to do.

    I don't think our thoughts differ much. I think we pretty much have the same ideas about the amount of distraction DRDs causes and how these distractions are so addicting.

    ReplyDelete