Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homework4 Comments

*note*- i know this isn't much or very good since i tried not to be very critical to my fellow peers.

Jenise L
This is a very insightful post about how in this world technology is created to help humans do better in life, but now it has become an addiction and has harmed us in many ways. I agree of what you are saying that people of the things we misuse in today's lives. Looking at all these things we abuse, like Internet, cell phones and television i feel that its something i or we can never stop. I have never though of how taking of granted is wrong, like music or Internet. people should be more aware of this situation, like you said "I would say anything digital is addicting...". Seeing people putting their lives into digitization today is very scary, even though people can live without it, it fills up peoples time and entertain them like you said. But i think you should explain more about how people would live with out digitization, you could think about the ideal world in your head. You could also fill the paragraphs with more ideas, since each are about repeating the same thing over and over again, though i liked how you connected the same idea to different things in the real world. I will see you tomorrow and maybe discuss it with the class ans see what they think about these thoughts.
~Vince
Carrie L.
Hey Carrie, i see you wrote a lot on this like you commented on me. I agree with you that technology is the future and most humans cant live without any form of digitization today. the idea of doing more work is not right for humans (like you said.) i think you might need to rethink the second nature thing since technology has spoiled out minds so much it has become a first nature. people can go 1 hour without seeing some form of technology to amuse themselves. people today will check their phones every hour or so or start a new conversation. when one form of digitization has run dry after a short period of time we will mostly jump to another form. You say "It's important that we keep communication a face-to-face affair even with the options of texting and IMing because the more we use them, the more habitual it becomes and as a result we find ourselves isolated from the rest of the world." and that is very true since humans are too lazy to move anywhere that they will just move their hands and fingers to communicate. you say "Our generation is being constantly criticized by our obsession with electronics and our lackadaisical nature to explore the real world around us without such tools." and yes that's very true but i don't think adults should be blaming us for this since they themselves has become sucked into the digital world. I think you should maybe expand on your thoughts since you leave them haft finished,since you only talk about each type of digital technology a little. you could explain more about social networks and connect thing together of why they were started, and explain more of what you think. This is a very good base to think about the digital work i hope to hear more about it.
~vince

1 comment:

  1. Vincent,

    I'm glad that you agreed with most of my views. And the quoting showed that you really took your time to read through my post and picked out the points you agreed with. I know you're used to giving criticism and opposing arguments so it was nice of you to support my post and give constructive criticism. I realized what you said about my post being not specific enough was true. I need to go into more detail about certain aspects of the digital world. It makes me think of how the different devices that I use affect me separately. My phone provides me with efficiency and the ability to connect with others at the touch of a button. My computer lets me find virtually everything that I want online. The T.V. is just plain addicting. Watching a show or a drama lets you leave your own sense of reality and enter someone else's world just for an hour or two. My iPod is where I carry all my music. If I'm feeling in the mood for song, I whip it out. It's instant gratification.

    I don't see much difference or disagreement between my post and your comment other than you suggesting more specifics into the subject, while I analyzed the more general idea. We both seem to believe that digitalization has a negative effect in the up and coming generation by relieving them of hard work and replacing it with devices that offer snap-of-a-finger results.

    ReplyDelete